2013 Recommended Vancouver Wedding Venues and Vendors
In the many years I’ve worked in the wedding and commercial photography industry, I’ve had the privilege to work with a number excellent vendors in Metro Vancouver. Some of the best Vancouver wedding venues and vendors are now good business clients and friends, and I’m happy to recommend their services to my clients. Here’s a growing list of the best Vancouver wedding vendors that do excellent work and can be relied on to do an amazing job help you realize your vision for your wedding day.
Here are some of the best Vancouver wedding venues
- Marriott Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver - A large and open wedding venue space in downtown Vancouver with easy access to photography locations such as Coal Harbour, Stanley Park, Canada Place, the Marine Building, and much more. Ask for Koreena, she’ll take good care of you.
- Pinnacle at the Pier Hotel - A new wedding and event venue in North Vancouver at Lonsdale Quay with amazing views of the Inlet and Downtown Vancouver.
- The Waterfall Building - This venue has appeared in movies, television shows, and is often used for art exhibitions. It’s an Arthur Erickson building with an open minimalist feel that is suitable for both wedding ceremony and reception. Contact Joseph MacKinnon to check out this amazing space.
- Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel - An upscale venue in downtown Vancouver.
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel - One of the top upscale wedding venues with modern decor and food that your guests will rave about.
- Terminal City Club - A popular wedding venue situated on West Hastings with a large ballroom on the main level and another on the second level. There is also hotel rooms available for you and guests.
- Swan-e-set Bay Golf Resort - A storybook-like golf venue situated in Pitt Meadows with a large ballroom, a grand staircase, and views overlooking one of the top golf courses in BC.
- Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver - An upscale and elegant venue a block from Robson Street, close to the Vancouver Art Gallery and BC Law Courts.
- Hycroft Manor - Love heritage venues with a grand old-world look and feel? Hycroft has to be one of the most sought after venues in Vancouver. Capacity for reception dining is around 150, and there is outdoor space for both covered and uncovered wedding ceremonies.
- UBC Boathouse - This boathouse wedding venue situated along a river in Richmond, this is a truly unique west coast venue with outdoor space along the water for a ceremony.
- Bridges Restaurant - Bridges is located in Granville Island. Weddings usually take place upstairs, which offers a cool space with large windows and an industrial feel. The views of False Creek are some of the best in Vancouver and guests will love the 2nd floor large patio looking straight at the iconic Burrard Street Bridge and Granville Island marina.
- Rocky Mountaineer Train Station - Another very unique and massive ceremony and reception venue that is actually a train station located near Terminal Avenue in Vancouver.
- Westwood Plateau Golf Resort - If you’re looking for a golf course setting with a modern rustic look and feel, and one of the top buffet services around, this is the venue for you.
- The Vancouver Club - One of the oldest wedding venues in Vancouver with sophisticated old-world charm.
- Cecil Green House, UBC - A private heritage mansion located on the UBC endowment lands with views of the water and mountain. Guests will love spending time on the porch watching the sun set.
- Diamond Alumni Club, SFU – Situated on the SFU Burnaby Campus, this venue offers stunning views of the water and inlet. It offers rustic decor and space for both reception and ceremony.
- Rowena’s Inn, Sandpiper Golf Club - Located in Harrison, BC, this charming venue is a far drive from Vancouver, but well worth the trip. If you want a old vintage style house along a river in the Valley, this venue will definitely suit you.
- Grouse Mountain - Well known as a skiing and sightseeing destination for locals and tourists alike, Grouse Mountain offers stunning views of Metro Vancouver, and a truly unique venue for any wedding.
- Vancouver Aquarium - Known as one of the best wedding venues in Vancouver, this venue will appeal to those who love marine life and something truly unique. Imagine your wedding reception with sharks and exotic marine life swimming around you and your guests.
- Celebration Pavilion in Queen Elizabeth Park - An extremely popular modern venue for your wedding ceremony, it is situated at the highest point in the City of Vancouver.
- Kirin Starlight Casino - If you need a large reception venue for a Chinese wedding, look no further than Kirin Starlight. It’s located next to the Starlight Casino in New Westminster and offers an open floor plan with modern Asian decor.
- Brix Restaurant - This venue is located in Vancouver’s Yaletown district and caters to medium sized events up to about 110 guests. Brix Restaurant offers a vintage industrial feel with old brick work and an enclosed courtyard for ceremonies and cocktail receptions.
Here are some of the best Vancouver Wedding Vendors & Services
Wedding Officiants and Commissioners
Wedding planners and coordinators
- Filosophi Event Planning
- Milestone Events - Tanya and her team of professional associate planners
- DreamGroup Wedding and Event Planners - Geneve and her team of professional associate planners
- Candeo Weddings - Ashley and Dawn
Flowers and decorations
- Roa Floral & Event Design - CC Roa is simply the best in the business; love working with her!
- Upright Decor
- Lavish Design Group
- Garlands Florist
- Garden Party Flowers
Wedding Makeup + Hair Stylists
Vancouver Wedding Cakes
Music, DJ, and Entertainment
- Side One Band - Live cover band for weddings and other special occasions
- Garry Robertson DJ Entertainment
- Musical Occassions - we hired them for our wedding and have seen them work many times!
- Megan Fanning (Singer/song writer)
- Man About Town Entertainment
Wedding stationary and favors
© Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please support the author by contacting us about your wedding or by sharing an link to this list with your friends and followers.