2017 Recommended Vancouver Wedding Venues and Vendors
Last Updated May 21,, 2017
In the several years I’ve worked in the wedding and commercial photography industry, I’ve had the privilege to work with a number excellent wedding vendors in Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley. Some of the best Vancouver wedding venues and vendors are now good business clients and friends, and I’m happy to recommend their services to my clients. Here’s a growing list of the best Vancouver wedding venues and vendors that do excellent work and can be relied on to do an amazing job help you realize your vision for your wedding day.
Here are some of the best Vancouver wedding venues
- The Vancouver Club – One of the oldest wedding venues in Vancouver with sophisticated old-world charm. If you love a large ballroom with history and character in an exclusive upscale club for Vancouver’s elite, this may be the venue you’ve been looking for. There are multiple facilities available for an indoor wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, a tea ceremony, and of course a large elegant ballroom that will impress your wedding guests.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia – This is one of the oldest heritage wedding venues in downtown Vancouver. It combines 1920s style with modern decor elements to create a venue with timeless appeal. It’s situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, just across from the Vancouver Art Gallery and multiple nearby locations for urban wedding photos.
- Marriott Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver – A large and open wedding venue space in downtown Vancouver with easy access to photography locations such as Coal Harbour, Stanley Park, Canada Place, the Marine Building, and much more. And for booking for wedding at a Marriott Hotel, you can collect
Marriott Reward points for use to stay at Marriott International Hotels including Ritz Carlton hotels. Ask for Koreena, she’ll take good care of you.
- Four Seasons Hotel – An exquisite hotel venue in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It is steps away from Robson Square and offers one of the highest levels of service and food for a wedding that will truly impress your guests. There are several different sized reception room options and also a roof deck for outdoor wedding ceremonies.
- Westwood Plateau Golf Resort – If you’re looking for a golf course setting with a modern rustic look and feel, and one of the top buffet services around, this is the venue for you. Westwood Plateau has both ceremony and dinner reception facilities and is located in Coquitlam in the Westwood area just a few minutes from Coquitlam Centre.
- Cecil Green House, UBC – A private heritage mansion located on the UBC endowment lands with views of the water and mountain. There are large outdoor spaces available on the property for a wedding ceremony, as well as a bridal room, an intimate dining room for the reception, and a separate room for dancing and other evening festivities. Guests will love the character of this venue and spending time on the large porch watching the sun set.
- Vancouver Convention Centre – What we love most about this venue is the massive amount of space it offers and stunning views of Coal Harbour and the North Shore mountains. It’s one of the most modern West Coast venues in Vancouver and deserves serious consideration for your wedding.
- Pinnacle at the Pier Hotel – A large wedding and event venue in North Vancouver at Lonsdale Quay with amazing views of the Inlet and Downtown Vancouver.
- Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel – One of the top upscale wedding venues with modern decor and food that your guests will rave about. This hotel was recently named the best Luxury Hotel in Canada by Travel and Leisure Magazine. It also gets top ranking from guests on a consistent basis. There are beautiful indoor locations for quick portraits and very close nearby locations for outdoor wedding party photos as well. If you want to know more about photo locations near the Fairmont Pacific Rim, send us an email!
- Terminal City Club – A popular wedding venue situated on West Hastings with a large ballroom on the main level and another on the second level. There is also hotel rooms available for you and guests to stay downtown.
- Swan-e-set Bay Golf Resort – A storybook-like golf venue situated in Pitt Meadows with a large ballroom, a grand staircase, and views overlooking one of the top golf courses in BC.
- Hotel Vancouver – One of the most iconic hotels in Vancouver. It is well known for it’s history and opulence. This venue features both small and large ballrooms and the highest quality in service, food, and decor. There is ample room for an indoor ceremony as well as options for a wedding reception. They can even host small intimate wedding parties in one of their large Gold Rooms.
- Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver – An upscale and elegant venue a block from Robson Street, close to the Vancouver Art Gallery and BC Law Courts. There are facilities for an indoor ceremony and reception, and plenty of nearby locations for wedding photos. There is also pay parking on site.
- Hycroft Manor – Love heritage venues with a grand old-world look and feel? Hycroft has to be one of the most sought after venues in Vancouver. Capacity for reception dining is around 150, and there is outdoor space for both covered and uncovered wedding ceremonies.
- UBC Boathouse – This boathouse wedding venue situated along a river in Richmond, this is a modern and truly unique west coast venue with outdoor space along the water for a ceremony. You can have your ceremony on the large outdoor deck of the boathouse or indoors, and they can also host the dinner reception as well.
- Bridges Restaurant – Bridges is located in Granville Island. Weddings usually take place upstairs, which offers a cool space with large windows and an industrial feel. The views of False Creek are some of the best in Vancouver and guests will love the 2nd floor large patio looking straight at the iconic Burrard Street Bridge and Granville Island marina.
- Rocky Mountaineer Train Station – Another very unique and massive ceremony and reception venue that is actually a train station located near Terminal Avenue in Vancouver.
- Diamond Alumni Centre, SFU – Situated on the SFU Burnaby Campus, this venue offers good affordability, stunning panoramic views of the water and inlet, an indoor ceremony space, SFU Alumni discounts, free parking, and capacity up to about 250 guests. It offers rustic decor and space for both reception and ceremony. There is also hotel space on campus in case you want to spend the evening nearby. For availability and rates, contact Vivian.
- Rowena’s Inn, Sandpiper Golf Club – Located in Harrison, BC, this charming venue is a far drive from Vancouver, but well worth the trip. If you want a vintage style house along a river in the Valley with country charm, this venue will definitely suit you.
- Grouse Mountain – Well known as a skiing and sightseeing destination for locals and tourists alike, Grouse Mountain offers stunning views of Metro Vancouver, and a truly unique venue for any wedding.
- Vancouver Aquarium – Known as one of the best wedding venues in Vancouver, this venue will appeal to those who love marine life and something truly unique. Imagine your wedding reception with sharks and exotic marine life swimming around you and your guests.
- Celebration Pavilion in Queen Elizabeth Park – An extremely popular modern venue for your wedding ceremony, it is situated in Queen Elizabeth Park at the highest point in the City of Vancouver and has very knowledgeable and helpful staff.
- Kirin Starlight Casino – If you need a large reception venue for a Chinese wedding, look no further than Kirin Starlight. It’s located next to the Starlight Casino in New Westminster and offers an open floor plan with modern Asian decor.
- Brix Restaurant – This venue is located in Vancouver’s Yaletown district and caters to medium sized events up to about 110 guests. Brix Restaurant offers a vintage industrial feel with old brick work and an enclosed courtyard for ceremonies and cocktail receptions.
Here are some of the best Vancouver Wedding Vendors & Services
Wedding Officiants, Celebrants, and Commissioners
- Young, Hip, & Married – A team of wedding officiants who specialize in modern civil weddings ceremonies
- Hey Rev – Brent and Tracy Sheppard are very experienced
- Marilyn Knipp – One of the most fun and cheerful officiants we’ve ever worked with
- Kelly Ip – Offers services in Chinese, English, and French!
- Modern Celebrant – Contact Michele Davidson if you want something modern, inclusive, and/or spiritual
Vancouver Wedding planners and coordinators
- Epic Events – We’ve done many weddings with Epic and can say that Briar and her team are some of the best people to work with!
- Milestone Events – Tanya and her team of professional associate planners
- DreamGroup Wedding and Event Planners – Geneve and her team of talented professional associate planners
- Niche Event Stylists – Maria is a pleasure to work with and her creative team works hard to produce stunning wedding events. She is highly recommended!
- Chic and Unique Event Design – Kristy is a true professional when it comes to decorating and coordinating your wedding day. She’ll make sure things happen as you expect and is also very good to work with. They are based in Coquitlam, but serve the entire region.
- Modern Mint Event Coordinators – Daniela and Sahar are talented and hardworking coordinators whose skills at getting things done right is among the top coordinators in Vancouver. They are also based in Coquitlam and serve the entire Lower Mainland and beyond.
Wedding flowers and event decor design
- Roa Floral & Event Design – CC Roa is simply the best in the business; love working with her!
- Chic & Unique Event Design – Kristy provides a range of decor and coordination services for small and large events.
- Lavish Design Group
- Garlands Florist
- Garden Party Flowers
Wedding rental suppliers (chairs, tables, linens chair cover, wedding tents etc.)
Wedding day catering
- Savoury Chef – One of our favourite wedding caters in Vancouver
- Louis Gervais Fine Foods – Also one of the top catering companies in Vancouver with a great team of people!
- Emelle’s Catering – A great award winning catering company located on West 7th Ave.
- Culinary Capers – Check out their list of top awards! Your guests will love their food!
Vancouver wedding makeup + Hair Stylists
- Jayna Marie Makeup + Hair Stylist
- Margaret Lai, Makeup Artist
- Faye Smith Makeup + Hair
- Mink Makeup
- Victoria Ho Makeup + Hair
- Atefeh Makeup + Hair
- Carmen Tse Makeup
- Makeup by Micah (also does great hair styling too)
Vancouver wedding Cakes
- Aeyra Cakes – Paula is a wonderfully helpful person with beautiful cake creations!
- Ganache Patisserie – Looking for luxury cakes? They’re award-winning…This is it!
- The Uncommon Cake – Want something unique? They’re specialists at it.
- Sweet Thea – Based in Langley, BC
- Cake Conspiracy
- Custom Wedding Cake Toppers – Very cool custom cake toppers, but book early!
Wedding music, DJ, and Entertainment
- Vancouver Harp – Josephine is one of the top harpists in Vancouver and very reliable!
- Side One Band – Live cover band for weddings and other special occasions
- Garry Robertson DJ Entertainment –
- Musical Occasions – we hired them for our wedding and have seen them work many times!
- Megan Fanning (Singer/song writer)
- Man About Town Entertainment – Fun and interactive music and dancing from an experienced DJ
Engagement and wedding day transportation
- A Stylish Arrival – Adrian was the driver at our own wedding
- Luxury Transportation Inc (Lux Bus)
- Vancouver Trolley Company – A really unique alternative to stretch limos
- Granville Island False Creek Ferries – They have ferries for private charter around False Creek
- Sky Helicopters – Have a scenic tour and grand arrival in a helicopter at your wedding
- TRK Helicopters – Departs from Langley and serves Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- Hazelhut Grove Clydesdales – Horse and carriage bookings, with custom horse adornments for Indian weddings.
Wedding stationary, gifts, and favours
- Canadian Cancer Society’s Wedding Celebration Program – In lieu of wedding favours you can make a donation on behalf of your guests to their charity program and help a great cause!
- BC Cancer Foundation – You can also donate to the BC Cancer Foundation on behalf of your guests instead of wedding favours.
- BC Children’s Hospital Wedding Donations – Another worthy local charity to make a charity donation instead of traditional wedding favours.
- BCSPCA Wedding Donation Program – If you love animals, consider donating to the BC SPCA in lieu of wedding favours.
- Etsy – The craft marketplace for everything weddings and decor
- Evergreen memories – Help the environment and give the gift of a tree seedling on your wedding day. (as seen on Dragon’s Den)
- Sunlit Letterpress – Love old-fashioned letterpress stationary? This is the place to get it in Vancouver.
- J’adore Les Macarons – If you love Macaroons like we do, this is a great place to get them for your wedding. You can even take classes and learn how to make your own for the wedding.
- Thomas Haas wedding favours – Delicious favours for lovers of sweets, chocolate, and macaroons
- Temporary Tattoos (and stamps) by Lilimandrill – These wedding tattoos are all the rage right now!
2017 UPDATE: Please check back soon for new top Vancouver wedding venue and vendors list for 2017 and 2018 as well as new articles for best venue locations for specific wedding themes in Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, and many more.
© Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please support the author by contacting us about your wedding or by sharing an link to this list with your friends and followers.