Since 2007, we’ve had the privilege to work directly with a number of outstanding Vancouver wedding vendors that are highly experienced in hosting and serving both big and small events. These special events range from small birthday celebrations to large corporate conferences, and of course, weddings!
Being photographers gives us a unique insight into the quality of services offered by these vendors. We have the privilege of hearing in-the-moment reviews directly from their clients, both the good and bad. Based on our experience, we’ve put together a starter list of some of the best Vancouver wedding vendors and services our region has to offer. This is not a exhaustive list, but one you can start with to start planning for your wedding day. If you interested in learning about the best Vancouver wedding venues, we’ve got a list for that as well.
Here are some of the best Vancouver Wedding Vendors & Services – 2021 Edition
Wedding Officiants, Celebrants, and Commissioners
If you’re celebrating your wedding, you’ll want to make sure you have an officiant present. Here are some we recommend:
- Young, Hip, & Married – A team of wedding officiants who specialize in modern civil weddings ceremonies
- Hey Rev – Brent and Tracy Sheppard are very experienced
- Marilyn Knipp – One of the most fun and cheerful officiants we’ve ever worked with
- Kelly Ip – Offers services in Chinese, English, and French!
- Modern Celebrant – Contact Michele Davidson if you want something modern, inclusive, and/or spiritual
Vancouver Wedding planners and coordinators
- Epic Events – We’ve done many weddings with Epic and can say that Briar and her team are some of the best people to work with!
- Milestone Events – Tanya and her team of professional associate planners
- DreamGroup Wedding and Event Planners – Geneve and her team of talented professional associate planners
- Chic and Unique Event Design – Kristy is a true professional when it comes to decorating and coordinating your wedding day. She’ll make sure things happen as you expect and is also very good to work with. They are based in Coquitlam, but serve the entire region.
- Modern Mint Event Coordinators – Daniela and Sahar are talented and hardworking coordinators whose skills at getting things done right is among the top coordinators in Vancouver. They are also based in Coquitlam and serve the entire Lower Mainland and beyond.
Wedding flowers and event decor design
- Roa Floral & Event Design – CC Roa is simply the best in the business; love working with her!
- Chic & Unique Event Design – Kristy provides a range of decor and coordination services for small and large events.
- Lavish Design Group
- Garlands Florist
- Garden Party Flowers
Wedding rental suppliers (chairs, tables, linens chair cover, wedding tents etc.)
Wedding day catering
- Savoury Chef – One of our favourite wedding caters in Vancouver
- Louis Gervais Fine Foods – Also one of the top catering companies in Vancouver with a great team of people!
- Emelle’s Catering – A great award winning catering company located on West 7th Ave.
- Culinary Capers – Check out their list of top awards! Your guests will love their food!
Vancouver wedding makeup + Hair Stylists
- Jayna Marie Makeup + Hair Stylist
- Margaret Lai, Makeup Artist
- Faye Smith Makeup + Hair
- Mink Makeup
- Victoria Ho Makeup + Hair
- Atefeh Makeup + Hair
- Carmen Tse Makeup
Vancouver wedding Cakes
- Aeyra Cakes – Paula is a wonderfully helpful person with beautiful cake creations!
- Ganache Patisserie – Looking for luxury cakes? They’re award-winning…This is it!
- The Uncommon Cake – Want something unique? They’re specialists at it.
- Sweet Thea – Based in Langley, BC
- Cake Conspiracy
- Custom Wedding Cake Toppers – Very cool custom cake toppers, but book early!
- Torte Wedding Cakes – Patty is a wonderful person to work with, and has a talent for beautiful buttercream cakes!
Wedding music, DJ, and Entertainment
- Vancouver Harp – Josephine is one of the top harpists in Vancouver and very reliable!
- Side One Band – Live cover band for weddings and other special occasions
- Garry Robertson DJ Entertainment –
- Musical Occasions – we hired them for our wedding and have seen them work many times!
- Megan Fanning (Singer/song writer)
- Man About Town Entertainment – Fun and interactive music and dancing from an experienced DJ
- V & G Entertainment – In business for over 20 years, and Stephen also does violin and guitar music for surprise engagement proposals!
Engagement and wedding day transportation
- A Stylish Arrival – Adrian was the driver at our own wedding
- Luxury Transportation Inc (Lux Bus)
- Vancouver Trolley Company – A really unique alternative to stretch limos
- Granville Island False Creek Ferries – They have ferries for private charter around False Creek
- Sky Helicopters – Have a scenic tour and grand arrival in a helicopter at your wedding
- TRK Helicopters – Departs from Langley and serves Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- Hazelhut Grove Clydesdales – Horse and carriage bookings, with custom horse adornments for Indian weddings.
Wedding stationary, gifts, and favours
- Canadian Cancer Society’s Wedding Celebration Program – In lieu of wedding favours you can make a donation on behalf of your guests to their charity program and help a great cause!
- BC Cancer Foundation – You can also donate to the BC Cancer Foundation on behalf of your guests instead of wedding favours.
- BC Children’s Hospital Wedding Donations – Another worthy local charity to make a charity donation instead of traditional wedding favours.
- BCSPCA Wedding Donation Program – If you love animals, consider donating to the BC SPCA in lieu of wedding favours.
- Evergreen memories – Help the environment and give the gift of a tree seedling on your wedding day. (as seen on Dragon’s Den)
- J’adore Les Macarons – If you love Macaroons like we do, this is a great place to get them for your wedding. You can even take classes and learn how to make your own for the wedding.
- Thomas Haas wedding favours – Delicious favours for lovers of sweets, chocolate, and macaroons
- Temporary Tattoos (and stamps) by Lilimandrill – These wedding tattoos are all the rage right now!
2020 UPDATE: Please check back soon for new top Vancouver wedding venue and vendors list for 2021 and 2022 as well as new articles for best venue locations for specific wedding themes in Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, and many more.
© Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please support the author by contacting us about your wedding or by sharing an linkto this list with your friends and followers.